The Clerk/Treasurer serves as the link between Council and citizens.
The office of Clerk/Treasurer for the City of Lafayette provides financial, clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Council. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Lafayette Clerk/Treasurer.
- Receives and records all payments to the city
- Recieves and make payments for all invoices for the city council apporval.
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits Council meeting minutes
Current Office Hours: 7 am until noon and from 1 to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. If the clerk is gone to training/meeting, sick, or taking vacation there will be a note posted on the door.
791 Main Avenue PO Box 375